CLINIC POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Rescheduling and Cancellation Policy
- If you cancel or need to reschedule your appointment or follow-up call, we require a minimum of 72 hour advance notice from your scheduled appointment time so that we can give your space to another client and give them adequate time to complete the Feline Behavior History form and allow our team to evaluate their behavior case. No Exceptions. Follow-up calls can only be rescheduled one time. If you miss your follow-up call (i.e. no show) or cancel without 72 hours notice, you forfeit the time.
- We do not give refunds for appointments that are cancelled or need rescheduling without a minimum or 72 hour notice.
- Refunds are given for cancelled appointments if you have given a minimum of 72 hour advance notice from your scheduled appointment time.
- If the clinic issues a refund and has already evaluated your completed Feline Behavior History Form, a $100.00 clinic review fee will be deducted from your refund. There is also a $12.50 – $14.00 credit card or Paypal refund/processing fee that may be deducted from your refund.
- We do not give refunds for gift certificates or consultations purchased for a third party, but allow the consultation program to be transferred to a shelter or another cat owner.
- No refunds are given for unused “leftover” consultation time and you can not use the unused time for new behavior issues or any behavior issue after your 4 or 8 week program time ends. Again, you are responsible for setting up your consultation follow-up calls within your program time frame.
- Because behavior success is dependent upon owner involvement and animal behavior can be unpredictable, refunds are not given if your cat’s behavior issues are not remedied.
The Consultation Program and Using Your Consult Time
- If you request a video consultation, these are generally reserved for the first consultation only, but we are happy to make exceptions. Subsequent follow-up calls are then performed by phone instead of video unless the behaviorist deems a video call is necessary to assess your cat’s behavior issue or environment or you are located outside of the United States.
- Your behavior plan is given to you over the phone or video call during your initial behavior appointment. You need to take notes during the call. Certain consultation plans are progressive and will develop over time and further recommendations are then given during subsequent calls as part of your program time.
- Please plan for 1 to 1 1/2 hours for your first consultation.
- A behavior or product supplemental to go along with your initial consultation will be emailed to you within one week of your consultation.
- All allotted consultation appointment time must be used in the 4 or 8 week program time. Program time is consecutive weeks. This allows the behaviorist to observe and evaluate behavior by the weekly updates you send in and during follow-up calls that typically occur every 1 – 2 weeks during your program time, and to give further recommendations for plans that are progressive or need to develop over time.
- No refunds are given for unused “leftover” consultation time and you can not use unused time for cat behavior issues past your 4 or 8 week program time or for an entirely separate cat behavior issue than what you originally enlisted the clinic for. You are responsible for setting up your consultation follow-up calls within your program time frame.
- This is the link to send in weekly email updates for your cat’s file and to schedule follow-up calls: https://thecatbehaviorclinic.com/progress-report-update.html
- Clients past their 4 week program or consultation time can schedule a follow-up consult of up to 30 minutes for $125.00 or a one-hour call for 250.00 if they are within 3 months of their last appointment and if deemed appropriate by the clinic for the specific behavior issue. Certain issues require a new consultation especially if several months have passed from your last consult or you have a different behavior issue than before. New behavior issues usually require a new consultation program vs. a follow-up call.
- You can participate in the study reduced fee one time only.
- Consultation program fees include your case evaluation by our team, behavior plan preparation, and your first appointment. Remaining follow-up calls are included should you need them and you are responsible for contacting the clinic to schedule your follow-ups. Again, there are no refunds given for unused appointments.
- If you are scheduling a new one-time appointment to discuss whether a consultation program would be helpful for your cat’s behavior, the fee is $250.00. No behavior advice will be given during this call. If you wish to proceed with the program, the 250.00 will be deducted from the regular program fee.
- If you do not contact the clinic to schedule a follow-up call after your initial consultation, we will assume you do not need to use your remaining appointment time. If you need help, please be proactive in scheduling your calls with us by emailing or calling the clinic.
Clinic Release and Agreement
- The Clinic release and agreement online form must be signed and dated by you in order for the Clinic associates to work together with you. If for some reason you can not complete the questionnaire on time, your consultation may still be conducted without it if the behaviorist approves, but the clinic release agreement online form will still need to be signed prior to your consultation.
- If you do not complete the feline history form prior to your appointment and do not give the clinic 72 hour notice minimum that you need to reschedule your call, you will forfeit your consultation fee as it would be considered a missed appointment.
Correspondence with the Clinic
- The clinic staff generally responds to emails within 24 to 72 hours excluding weekends.
- The behaviorist and veterinarians are unable to correspond with you via email. If you need help or have questions, please email the clinic here using this contact form: https://thecatbehaviorclinic.com/contact.html
- To schedule a follow-up call during your program time, please use your Progress Report link (here). Behavior recommendations are given during your follow-up calls verbally and you will need to take notes during your call. We do not email follow-up notes after each appointment – only the first appointment.
- Consultations are conducted 7 days a week, but the clinic office is closed on the weekends and most holidays.
- The behaviorist will call you at the scheduled appointment time. If for some reason you do not receive a call, please call the clinic at 503-267-8888.