Clinic Scheduling and Pricing | The Cat Behavior Clinic
Hundreds of Success Stories with Award-winning Harvard and Oxford-trained Certified Cat Behaviorist™ and Veterinarian Team
Recipient of Several Honors Including People in the Field of Animal Behavior Award 2020. Read 350 Client Testimonials Here from 1995 to 2022. Mieshelle’s cat behavior science book is text book curriculum used to certify other cat behaviorists.
Founders of the Cat Behaviorist Specialty with Over 25 Years in Practice Solving Thousands of Cat Behavior Issues in Over 30 Countries. The Clinic Scientifically Observes and Analyzes Cat Gene-encoded Feline Behavior from a Behavioral Cognitive, Ethological, and Feline Evolutionary Point of View
Photo: (Hallmark Channel Arm & Hammer’s Cat Expert Mieshelle) New York Times Acclaimed Cat Behavior Science Author and Recipient of the “Gold Purr Award” and the “2020 Business Award for Exemplary Businesses and People in the Field of Animal Behavior”.
Scheduling a Cat Behavior Zoom or Phone Appointment (choose your behavior program below):
- Important Update: we are scheduling Zoom and phone appointments with the doctor and cat behaviorist through August 31st. Through August 4th, receive the study participation reduced fee for urination or defecation appointments. Scheduled cat owners can also participate in Mieshelle’s cat behavior show with Discovery Channel (her show is the most-watched cat behavior show in the world with over 125 million viewers internationally).
- Our Zoom behavior services are covered by most pet insurance health plans.
- We specialize in all behaviors including every form of cat aggression, urination, defecation, spraying, and vocalization behavior issues. All behavior issues are thoroughly evaluated by our veterinary and behaviorist team. We have more cat owners purring than anyone. Read over 350 solved case studies and client testimonials.
- View our Outstanding Clinic Success Rate Page for Urination, Defecation, Urine Spray-marking, Vocalization, and Aggression Issues.
Learn More About Feline Gene-encoded Behavior and the Science Behind Solving Your Cat’s Behavior Issue Long Term with the Latest Scientific Behavior Research
The clinic’s cat behavior programs provide a comprehensive treatment approach for all cat behavior cases. We use the latest scientific approach including a behavioral cognitive, ethological, and feline evolutionary point of view. Taking into consideration feline evolutionary biology and your cat’s gene-encoded behavior (instincts and fixed action patterns) is just one of several components that must be part of all successful behavior plans that yield lasting results. Mieshelle Nagelschneider studied animal behavior at Oxford University and animal behavior and animal welfare at the University of Edinburgh Royal School of Veterinary Studies. Her Harvard University study (more here) has helped cat owners think more scientifically about their cat’s behavior. Mieshelle is the award-winning international author of New York Times acclaimed feline behavior science book published in 4 languages by Random House Publishing. Watch Mieshelle on National Geographic as their cat behaviorist and researcher for numerous cat behavior documentaries and published works for the 37 species of wildcats and as a notable wildcat hybrid expert. She is the new host for Discovery Channel’s, My Cat From Hell, with over 125 million viewers internationally.
Scheduling Step One: Choose Your Behavior Consultation Program
$450.00 Comprehensive Feline Cognition Behavior Wellness Consultation Program
- Suitable for all single cat or multiple-cat feline aggression issues (all forms), anxiety or fear-related issues, vertical urine-marking, excessive vocalization or nighttime activity, pica, overgrooming issues, and complex urination or defecation issues.
- Includes 4 hours (4 appointments) of consultation time by Zoom video or phone during the 8 week program evaluation period. A flexible way to use your consult time during the 8 weeks. Extensions may be granted for specific cases.
- During your initial consultation you will receive an in-depth behavior analysis and an all-encompassing progressive and tailored behavior plan. Behavior plans include behavior strategies for your single cat or multi-cat household based on the most recent cat behavior scientific research studies.
- The 8 week program time includes ongoing weekly observation and analysis and behavior plan progression during your scheduled consultation follow-ups, and 3 additional months of behavior analysis from your last appointment. Appointments are scheduled 7 days a week.
$325.00 Urination and Defecation Consultation Feline Cognition Behavior Wellness Program
- Urination and/or defecation consults only (not vertical urine spray-marking) for single cat or multiple cats. Become a part of our study helping cats just like yours with urination or defecation issues and receive the reduced consult fee of 325.00 through August 4th. To be eligible, your cat(s) must be spayed/neutered. In lieu of Paypal, you are welcome to schedule by contacting the clinic at: 503-267-8888.
- 3 hours of consult time (or 3 appointments). The initial behavior plan consultation lasts approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hours. The remaining time we recommend using in 2 additional consultations during the 4 week program evaluation period. Extensions may be granted for specific cases.
- You will receive a comprehensive behavior analysis and tailored behavior plan during the initial consultation. Behavior plans include behavior strategies for your single cat or multi-cat household based on the most recent cat behavior scientific research studies including the clinic’s 25 years of feline behavior data.
- 4 week program time includes ongoing weekly observation, analysis and behavior plan progression recommendations during your scheduled consultation follow-ups, and 3 additional months of behavior analysis from your last appointment. Appointments are scheduled 7 days a week.
Contact the Clinic to Schedule or Use Paypal:
If not using Paypal, please contact the clinic to schedule and pay with credit card at 1-503-267-8888. Scheduling hours are 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Pacific/9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Eastern 7 days a week. The clinic conducts consultations worldwide. Appointments are conducted 7 days a week from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Pacific time/12:00 to 9:00 p.m. Eastern time.
Zoom Video Call FAQ’S
Photo: Actual Zoom Appointment in Beijing, China 2021. A Pioneer of the Cat Behaviorist Specialty, Mieshelle’s New Cat Behavior Show. My Cat From Hell, for Discovery Channel has over 125 Million Viewers Internationally. Founder of The Cat Behavior Clinic, Cat Behaviorist Mieshelle Nagelschneider is the first and only cat behaviorist in China.
How Do I check-in for my Zoom Appointment?:
The clinic will call you by phone at your scheduled appointment time and then move to Zoom video. A link will be emailed to you ahead of time to enter the Zoom waiting room. If you are an international client outside of the U.S. we will meet you in the Zoom room at your appointment time.
Do I need a Zoom account to do a video visit?
No. Just download the free app on your phone or computer ahead of time.
Due to Covid, in-person consultations are by video only. Consult fees range from 850.00 to 1200.00 and are conducted in your home by Mieshelle and/or our veterinarian who also performs consultations vet-to-vet remotely or in-person in select states only. Mieshelle has traveled to Japan and the Philippines for in-person consultations!
Is Your Cat a Good Candidate for a Behavior Consultation?
Probably, but this is our clinic efficacy guarantee policy: we know you are loving cat owners wanting the best for your cats and we are here to offer our guidance and expertise. If after the clinic evaluates your completed feline behavior history form it’s determined a consultation would not be appropriate or effective for your cat(s), the clinic will hold a consultation at no charge to discuss the best course of action for your cat(s).
Mieshelle is a New York Times Acclaimed Cat Behavior Science Author Published in 4 Languages (Random House Publishing w/co-writer Cameron Powell and National Geographic).
Gene-encoded Cat Behavior: It Matters For Lasting Success for Cat Behavior Issues
To achieve lasting results, it’s necessary to work with an experienced cat behaviorist, but most importantly, one with formal study in animal psychology and behavior. The ability to apply the sciences of genetics, animal psychology, biology, physiology, and feline learning and memory is needed to effectively correct a cat’s behavior. The clinic solves cat behavior issues by scientifically observing and analyzing your cat’s behavior. As pioneers of the “Cat Behaviorist” specialty and the first cat-only behavior practice in the United States we have helped thousands of cat owners in over 30 countries by phone, video, or in-person.
What’s the Latest with Mieshelle and National Geographic?
37 Wildcat Species Expert for National Geographic: As an award-winning cat behavior science author published by Random House, she also works behind the scenes as the cat behavior expert for numerous National Geographic published works on the 37 species of wildcats, tigers, and every breed of the domestic house cat as well as cat and tiger television documentaries. Watch Mieshelle on National Geographic’s Animals Doing Things with Howie Mandel as their cat behaviorist and other cat behavior documentaries by Nat Geo Wild.
The Science Behind Successfully Solving Cat Behavior Issues
Our cat behavior program provides a comprehensive treatment approach incorporating a behavioral cognitive, ethological, and feline evolutionary point of view. Understanding how behavior is actually measured and how scientific studies are conducted and reported is crucial before taking the steps involved in designing and carrying out a behavior plan to change a cat’s behavior. The benefits of working with a cat behaviorist who really understands the latest in feline behavior can literally last you for years. (Like driving lessons, typing lessons, or a parenting class). A consultation with Mieshelle is nothing less than an investment towards a happier and problem-free cat — and toward your sanity. The advice, knowledge, and tools you’ll get during and after your consultation, as well as the traps (and products) to avoid, will repay you many times over.
Mieshelle’s Internationally Published Books and National Geographic Works
Award-winning, Random House Publishing, The Cat Whisperer. Acclaimed New York Times Feline Science Author and the First Scholarly-cited Cat Behavior Book for Cat Owners (with co-writer Cameron Powell).
“The reason people are so mesmerized by house cats is because they are truly miniature versions of lions, tigers, and leopards. In her book The Cat Whisperer, Mieshelle Nagelschneider explains the behavior of the house cat in an unprecedented and most accessible way, offering unique insight into the often misunderstood companion animal that is as wild as we have become civilized.”—Jordan Carlton Schaul, Ph.D., contributing editor, National Geographic, and curator, Orange County Zoo
Mieshelle’s book, The Cat Whisperer, is also published in German and Polish (Arkana Publishing and Random House).
Mieshelle’s cat behavior science book, The Cat Whisperer, is also published in Hungarian (Jaffa Publishing).
Latest for National Geographic: With the help of veterinarian Dr. Gary Weitzman and cat behaviorist Mieshelle Nagelschneider, kids will learn how to understand their cat’s behavior.
Mieshelle’s International Arm & Hammer Litter Cat Behavior Media Tour – Parent Magazine Live in Toronto, Canada – Preventing Feline Behavior Issues. Mieshelle goes beyond the obvious behavior strategies and facts during the behavior consultation program with comprehensive behavior plans based on scientific research behavior studies of felids, your cat’s feline evolutionary biology, innate learning styles and memory, and current external and internal factors affecting your cat. Our outstanding 95% clinic success rate.
Please familiarize yourself with our Clinic Policies including cancellation, rescheduling and refund policies here.
In-home local consultations are accepted on a case by case basis by Dr. Jim Shultz DVM or Mieshelle Nagelschneider and rates are determined by your location and nature of behavior issue, but normally begin at $850.00 (plus flight and hotel accommodations if you are out of state). Dr. Shultz performs in-home consults locally only. The majority of our clients schedule phone or video consultations with Mieshelle. Follow-up calls are $125.00 for a 30 minute call within 3 months of your last appointment.
The value you receive goes well beyond the cat issue you have today. Because we truly educate our clients on how cats act and behave — and especially how their behavior is totally different from the dogs that most people unconsciously use as models — our clients are able to more knowledgeably raise and enjoy cats for as long as they have cats.
World-renowned Oxford-trained Cat Behaviorist Mieshelle Nagelschneider, The Cat Whisperer™️
Schedule an Appointment